The Ultegra XTD SPOD is a new big pit reel, specially designed for spodding / markerfloat fishing for carp. It's based on the successful Ultegra XTD 14000 carp reel and has similar features, except it has been adjusted to be perfect for spodding.
These are the differences between normal Ultegra XTD and Ultegra SPOD XTD.
- Shallow spool: for spodding less line capacity is needed.
- Gear reatio: 5,2:1 instead of 4.3:1 : means more retrieving speed.
- Retrieve speed: 124 cm instead of 103 cm per winch.
- Line clips: 3 instead of 1.
- Handleknob: Egg type instead of T-type for more grip.
- Spare spool: 0 instead of 1. Therefore RRP is lower.